The Whiting Refinery Federal Credit Union was organized and chartered by Leo M. Myers and Standard Oil of Indiana, Whiting Refinery employees in March of 1935. Since then the Refinery in Whiting has changed its name because of mergers and company purchases to American Oil, AMOCO, and BP. Our credit union has retained its name. After all we are here to serve the employees of the refinery and their families.
The first President of the Board of Directors was Leo M. Myers, who served for over 40 years.
The Credit Union started with $45.00 and has grown to over $59,000,000.00. Its growth and progress has been the result of constant search for new and better ways to serve its members. In 1960, the Credit Union purchased its own building at 1339 – 119th Street, Whiting. The office is staffed with friendly, qualified service-oriented employees.